Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
peacelittleone

Default Automatic Calculation

Is there a way to turn off automatic calculation for just one workbook?

I believe the default behavior turns auto calc off for all workbooks.

TIA!

--
peacelittleone

peacelittleone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20937
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522691

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

If you save a workbook with Manual Calc, Excel will remember it. But whether
the Excel session is set to Manual or Automatic is determined by the first
book you open.

Andy.

"peacelittleone"
<peacelittleone.24pyvz_1142440201.8252@excelforu m-nospam.com wrote in
message news:peacelittleone.24pyvz_1142440201.8252@excelfo rum-nospam.com...

Is there a way to turn off automatic calculation for just one workbook?

I believe the default behavior turns auto calc off for all workbooks.

TIA!

--
peacelittleone

peacelittleone's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522691

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tom Ogilvy

To the best of my knowledge there is not.

In a controlled setting, you might turn it off for the application, then
use the selectionchange event in all the other workbooks to trigger a
calculation of that workbook.

Chip Pearson's page on events
Tom Ogilvy

"peacelittleone" wrote:

Is there a way to turn off automatic calculation for just one workbook?

I believe the default behavior turns auto calc off for all workbooks.

TIA!

--
peacelittleone

peacelittleone's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20937
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=522691

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
peacelittleone

Thank you all for your responses.

Unfortunately, I usually have 3-5 workbooks open at the same time and
there is only one where I want to have auto calc off.