Pablito

Default Automatic calculation reverting to manual depending upon who opens

The Accounts team just produced a Board report on our financial situation. An
email was sent out with an excel sheet attached. Both I and a colleague
opened the file direct from Outlook and both saw significantly different
results reported.

His version of Excel had switched the Calculation tab (Tools/Options menu)
to Manual - mine however remained as Automatic and reported the correct
numbers. Despite having the same formulas in the same cells his was not
summing the equations correctly. Why is this?
Peo Sjoblom

Not too hard to explain, if your colleague opened any workbook with
calculation set to manual as the first workbook he opened, then it will set
the calculation for the next book(s) he opened as well

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)