Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JennyZurb

Default Automatic Calculation

I have my spreadsheet calculation properties set as Automatic. When I close
the spreadsheet with the "Save" command it saves and closes. When I close
the spreadsheet with the "Save As" command with a new name it recalculates
with a new dollar amount. Why doesn't it recalculate when command "Save" is
used?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach

What you say is happening is not supposed to happen. I can only assume that
what you say is happening is not what is happening..
You say when you close your file with the Save command, the file saves and
closes. This does not happen that way. The Save command saves the file.
It does not close the file.
I understand you to say that when you save with Save and then save with
SaveAs, the value in some cell ends up different in the two files. Is that
correct?
If so, provide details about what is in that cell. HTH Otto

"JennyZurb" <u16877@uwe wrote in message news:592f126fa73dc@uwe...
I have my spreadsheet calculation properties set as Automatic. When I
close
the spreadsheet with the "Save" command it saves and closes. When I close
the spreadsheet with the "Save As" command with a new name it recalculates
with a new dollar amount. Why doesn't it recalculate when command "Save"
is
used?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JennyZurb via OfficeKB.com

OK I hit Save and then close the program myself it does not change the value.
When I Save As with a different name or in a different location it calculates.

Otto Moehrbach wrote:
What you say is happening is not supposed to happen. I can only assume that
what you say is happening is not what is happening..
You say when you close your file with the Save command, the file saves and
closes. This does not happen that way. The Save command saves the file.
It does not close the file.
I understand you to say that when you save with Save and then save with
SaveAs, the value in some cell ends up different in the two files. Is that
correct?
If so, provide details about what is in that cell. HTH Otto

I have my spreadsheet calculation properties set as Automatic. When I
close

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
is
used?