abfabrob

Default Automatic calculation

I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a sum... I
have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
Bob Phillips

Assume the times are in column B

C1: = SUM(b:B) and format as [hh]:mm
C2: =AVERAGE(B:B)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a sum...

have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to

work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

Hey there,

Thanks you for the help, but can't get it to work... E.G.

B1: 10:10:00 (HH:MM:SS)
B2: 10

Your formula states answer as 05:05, when it should be 01:01:00

???
--
Rob,
Teesside,

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a sum...

have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to

work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Bob Phillips

Rob,

Are you saying that B 1 is a call time, and B2 is an other call time? If so,
why is B2 not in time, and why is the answer 1:01:00?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a

sum...
have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to

work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it

comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

Bob,

Using your formula, I put my numbers in column B (and what you told me to
put in column C)

10:10:00 in cell B1 - this is HH:MM:SS of ALL calls (total time of all calls)

10 in cell B2 - this is how many calls were taken,

So 10:10:00 (10 hours and 10 mins), divided by ten calls gives you an
average of 01:01:00 (1 hour and 1 min per call). Obviously my figures will be
more complicated than this in the real thing.

It will be me - not very gopod with Excel.

Thank you for your help.
--
Rob,
Teesside,

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a

sum...
have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to
work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it

comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Bart Snel

I don't see the problem. When I put 10:10:00 in A1 (formatted hh:mm:ss) and
10 in B1,
the formula A1/B1 gives me 1:01:00...

"abfabrob" schreef in bericht

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a
sum...

have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to

work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it
comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

When I leave the cells blank - A1: 00:00:00 and A2: 0, A3 displays: "#DIV/0!"
(but without the qutation marks. Why is this? I want it to be all zeros so
that users can enter their own numbers...

Thanks for your help.

--
Rob,
Teesside,

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a
sum...
have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel to
work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it
comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

I have tried this, but get a message saying that the formula contains an error.
--
Rob,
Teesside,

"Bart Snel" wrote:

Then it would be: =IF(A20;A1/A2;0)

Bart Snel

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a
sum...
have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel
work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it
comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

abfabrob

I have tried this, but get a message saying that the formula contains an error.
--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

"Bart Snel" wrote:

Then it would be: =IF(A20;A1/A2;0)

Bart Snel

"abfabrob" wrote in message
I want to create a spreadsheet that will automatically calculate a
sum...
have no idea how to do this...

My Telephone section took 1563 calls.

All these calls added together took 80:39:43 (HH:MM:SS)

Is there any way I can get staff to enter these numbers in to Excel
work
out the AVERAGE call length in MINUTES?

Any help is much appriciated, though I am virtually clueless when it
comes
to Excel.

Thank you,

--
Rob,
Teesside,
UK

Bob Phillips

Rob,

I see now. The problem is that you are mixing the call times and the calls
together, so any formula such that I gave will get confused by them.

Put your call times in column B, call numbers in column C, and then use

=SUM(A:A)/SUM(B:B) to get the average

--
HTH

Bob Phillips