Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macros not working when file run on a Mac

I sent a file with a couple of simple macros to Mac user and she can't run
them. She said she went to a procare session at apple. They said I just
needed to save the file in a MAC format. I'm a little confused by this. In
the save as file type box, my choices seem to be a Mac text format or a Mac
csv format. Won't those both just convert the whole file to text like fields?

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The file format for MacXL98/01/v.X/04 is exactly the same as the file
format for WinXL97/00/02/03.

Not sure what "can't run" means, but here are a couple of differences:

1) MacVBA is VBA5, so VBA6 functions (e.g, Join, Split) will cause a
syntax error.

2) ActiveX controls are Win-only. Replace them with Forms toolbar
controls to run cross-platform.

3) There are a very few differences in syntax (e.g., the GetOpenFileName
filetype parameter; the VBA MacScript command only works on Macs, etc.)

4) API calls obviously only work on the platform they're designed for.

In article ,
Darby wrote:

I sent a file with a couple of simple macros to Mac user and she can't run
them. She said she went to a procare session at apple. They said I just
needed to save the file in a MAC format. I'm a little confused by this. In
the save as file type box, my choices seem to be a Mac text format or a Mac
csv format. Won't those both just convert the whole file to text like fields?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No csv file will support multiple tabs - csv is a flat-file format.

The difference between Mac and Win csv files is only in the end-of-line
characters (ASCII 10 for Win, ASCII 13 for Mac).

In article ,
Darby wrote:

Also, I just tried saving as the Mac csv file type and this does not support
multiple tabs (which the file has).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, I think the issue is the ActiveX control, as what I meant when I
said "can't run the macro" was that she could not push the button (Created
with the control tool box) that starts the macro. I will try to replace them
with controls from the forms tool bar.