Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Macros not working when file run on a Mac

The file format for MacXL98/01/v.X/04 is exactly the same as the file
format for WinXL97/00/02/03.

Not sure what "can't run" means, but here are a couple of differences:

1) MacVBA is VBA5, so VBA6 functions (e.g, Join, Split) will cause a
syntax error.

2) ActiveX controls are Win-only. Replace them with Forms toolbar
controls to run cross-platform.

3) There are a very few differences in syntax (e.g., the GetOpenFileName
filetype parameter; the VBA MacScript command only works on Macs, etc.)

4) API calls obviously only work on the platform they're designed for.

In article ,
Darby wrote:

I sent a file with a couple of simple macros to Mac user and she can't run
them. She said she went to a procare session at apple. They said I just
needed to save the file in a MAC format. I'm a little confused by this. In
the save as file type box, my choices seem to be a Mac text format or a Mac
csv format. Won't those both just convert the whole file to text like fields?