Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If value in cell make adjacent blank

Good day, how to make all cells to left blank if a value is entered in a
cell, therefore i want bto select from dropdown asset pipeline and all left
cell row 2 be unable to be populated

a b c d e
Proj Asset Phase Wk Package Component
1 Rock
2 Pipeline
3 1
4 procure
5 Rig
6 2
3
b 2
3
4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This makes no sense to me - could you re-phrase?

Pete

On Oct 31, 10:10 am, whatzzup
wrote:
Good day, how to make all cells to left blank if a value is entered in a
cell, therefore i want bto select from dropdown asset pipeline and all left
cell row 2 be unable to be populated

a b c d e
Proj Asset Phase Wk Package Component
1 Rock
2 Pipeline
3 1
4 procure
5 Rig
6 2
3
b 2
3
4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Truly blank as in "clear contents" or just look blank?

Clear Contents would require VBA code.

Look blank could be formulas in A1:etc.

Or Conditional Formatting in A1:etc. to change the font color to same as
background color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

wrote:
Good day, how to make all cells to left blank if a value is entered in a
cell, therefore i want bto select from dropdown asset pipeline and all left
cell row 2 be unable to be populated

a b c d e
Proj Asset Phase Wk Package Component
1 Rock
2 Pipeline
3 1
4 procure
5 Rig
6 2
3
b 2
3
4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gord,
What i want is for the cell to be free of any value, i am trying to do an
hierachical type sheet where i have a parent and children relationship, where
if i place a parent in cell A1, all its children will appear in b2,b3,b4 and
so on. Then i can select b4 the child and all its children would appear in
c5,c6,c7 and so on. I am not sure if this explain it better.
I still dont know how to call b2,b3,b4 from the info in a1, maybe someone
can help.

That would be very well apreaciated......thanks all

wrote:
Good day, how to make all cells to left blank if a value is entered in a
cell, therefore i want bto select from dropdown asset pipeline and all left
cell row 2 be unable to be populated

a b c d e
Proj Asset Phase Wk Package Component
1 Rock
2 Pipeline
3 1
4 procure
5 Rig
6 2
3
b 2
3
4

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, this certainly muddies the waters<g

First post you said you wanted cells to be blank if a value in A1.

Now you want no values in cells but if you enter a value in A1 then the cells
will show a value.

I think you may be be served by using dependent Data Validation dropdowns.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more info.

Gord