Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
whatzzup whatzzup is offline

Default If value in cell make adjacent blank

Thanks Gord,
What i want is for the cell to be free of any value, i am trying to do an
hierachical type sheet where i have a parent and children relationship, where
if i place a parent in cell A1, all its children will appear in b2,b3,b4 and
so on. Then i can select b4 the child and all its children would appear in
c5,c6,c7 and so on. I am not sure if this explain it better.
I still dont know how to call b2,b3,b4 from the info in a1, maybe someone
can help.

That would be very well apreaciated......thanks all

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Truly blank as in "clear contents" or just look blank?

Clear Contents would require VBA code.

Look blank could be formulas in A1:etc.

Or Conditional Formatting in A1:etc. to change the font color to same as
background color.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 04:04:01 -0700, whatzzup
wrote:

Thanks Pete, in other words how do you make an adjacent cell blank if a value
is inputted in the other, eg; enter tom in A1 and B1,C1,D1 etc becomes blank.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

This makes no sense to me - could you re-phrase?

Pete

On Oct 31, 10:10 am, whatzzup
wrote:
Good day, how to make all cells to left blank if a value is entered in a
cell, therefore i want bto select from dropdown asset pipeline and all left
cell row 2 be unable to be populated

a b c d e
Proj Asset Phase Wk Package Component
1 Rock