Matthew Leingang

Default Make a cell blank?

Hello,

I'm trying to write a formula that depending on the contents of another
cell, will either have a number or be blank. Basically, if a set of numbers
is entered, compute their sum, but if not, sit there quietly rather than
giving a zero and the "formula refers to empty cells" warning.

I can use the ISBLANK function to test if a cell is blank, such as:

=IF(ISBLANK(V35),"",SUM(Q35:V35))

This gives me almost what I want. If no value is entered in V35, the
formula gives an empty string. But, the empty string isn't blank: if I want
to make another conditional calculation based on that data, I can't use
ISBLANK anymore.

Is there an Excel function or name which gives a blank value? I tried NULL,
but I get the #NAME! Error.

TIA,
Matt

Frank Kabel