Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default drop-down menu disappeared

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your validation list was a range of cells or a named range in a worksheet,
it sounds like the data has been deleted from the cells containing your list
choices.
--
Kevin Backmann

"jen_writer" wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Several reasons for this.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for possibles.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Freeze

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:49:00 -0700, jen_writer
wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad to have helped even though I was off-base.

You can cure just about all maladies with instructions from Debra's site.

Excel maladies, that is<g

Gord