Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jen_writer jen_writer is offline

Default drop-down menu disappeared

Actually, thanks Gord. After reading the website from your link, I copied my
cells into a new file and the list came back, so I think my file is corrupted.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Ignore this.

I read into your post that the Arrow was missing<g

Gord

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:53:18 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:

Several reasons for this.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for possibles.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Freeze

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:49:00 -0700, jen_writer
wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen