-   -   drop-down menu disappeared (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/163498-drop-down-menu-disappeared.html)

jen_writer

drop-down menu disappeared

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

JW[_2_]

drop-down menu disappeared

Has the data in your Source range possibly been deleted? That would
cause a blank list.

jen_writer wrote:
I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Kevin B

drop-down menu disappeared

If your validation list was a range of cells or a named range in a worksheet,
it sounds like the data has been deleted from the cells containing your list
choices.
--
Kevin Backmann

"jen_writer" wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Gord Dibben

drop-down menu disappeared

Several reasons for this.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for possibles.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Freeze

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 10:49:00 -0700, jen_writer
wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Gord Dibben

drop-down menu disappeared

Ignore this.

I read into your post that the Arrow was missing<g

Gord

wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

jen_writer

drop-down menu disappeared

Actually, thanks Gord. After reading the website from your link, I copied my
cells into a new file and the list came back, so I think my file is corrupted.

wrote:

I created a drop-down list using data validation. For weeks the document
worked fine and I could select options from the drop-down list. However, now
when I click on a cell, the drop-down list doesn't appear. The data
validation setting for the cells is still there and correct.

Why does my drop-down list no longer appear?

thanks
Jen

Gord Dibben

drop-down menu disappeared

Glad to have helped even though I was off-base.

You can cure just about all maladies with instructions from Debra's site.

Excel maladies, that is<g

Gord