Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Charting

Is there a way to make a simple Bar chart as follows:

I have a group of numbers say 4,5, & 6 I want those numbers to appear on the
same bar extending horizontally to the right w/ a clear deliniation of the
#'s 4 in one color 5 in another & 6 in yet another color. Every time I try
currently it will simply put them in 3 seperate bars and I want them all on
the same one. Thx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a stacked bar chart.
With the chart selected, on the Chart toolbar, click the By Row button.

Darin wrote:
Is there a way to make a simple Bar chart as follows:

I have a group of numbers say 4,5, & 6 I want those numbers to appear on the
same bar extending horizontally to the right w/ a clear deliniation of the
#'s 4 in one color 5 in another & 6 in yet another color. Every time I try
currently it will simply put them in 3 seperate bars and I want them all on
the same one. Thx.

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I swear I tried that but it didn't seem to work . .could just be user error
as I'm usually pretty good at this kind of thing (I found an easier way w/
Mekko Graphics) BUT still would like to be able to do it in excel so I'll
take another look, thx!