Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save as dialog

I have a macro on an Activeworkbook that opens a specifice file in my C:
drive and copies data from the activeworkbook into the workbook in my C:
drive. When my active workbook copies the data to the file, I would like the
file to prompt the SaveAs dialog box.

Can anyone help????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

Maybe:-

Sub sonic()
'Your code
Dim FileName As String
FileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename
If FileName = "False" Then Exit Sub
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs FileName
End Sub

"David T" wrote:

I have a macro on an Activeworkbook that opens a specifice file in my C:
drive and copies data from the activeworkbook into the workbook in my C:
drive. When my active workbook copies the data to the file, I would like the
file to prompt the SaveAs dialog box.

Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello David
See VBA help on either:
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show
or
Application.GetSaveAsFilename

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"David T" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
I have a macro on an Activeworkbook that opens a specifice file in my C:
drive and copies data from the activeworkbook into the workbook in my C:
drive. When my active workbook copies the data to the file, I would like
the
file to prompt the SaveAs dialog box.

Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Suggestion

Change

"False" to False

If your code is running on a non English machine "False" is not working

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"David T" wrote:

I have a macro on an Activeworkbook that opens a specifice file in my C:
drive and copies data from the activeworkbook into the workbook in my C:
drive. When my active workbook copies the data to the file, I would like the
file to prompt the SaveAs dialog box.

Can anyone help????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And remember to also change:
Dim FileName As String
Dim FileName As Variant 'could be a string or a boolean

"David T" wrote:

I have a macro on an Activeworkbook that opens a specifice file in my C:
drive and copies data from the activeworkbook into the workbook in my C:
drive. When my active workbook copies the data to the file, I would like the
file to prompt the SaveAs dialog box.

Can anyone help????

--

Dave Peterson