Mike

Default Save as Dialog Box Mysterious " "

Code is as follows
sStr = "S:\Orders\" & Range("C4") & ".xls"
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show sStr

Assume C4 describes me... The Save As Dialog box pops up (like it shoud),
the File Name Text Box Has the words: Mike is an Idiot.xls (Like it should),
but Mike is an Idiot is in quotation marks like this:
"Mike is an Idiot.xls"
The quotes aren't there in C4 but they appear in the SaveAs Dialog box.
Why? Does it matter? What could it affect? How do I get Rid of them? DEATH
TO THE QUOTES!!!!

-Mike

Vasant Nanavati

I'm not getting these quotes in Excel 2002. What version are you using?

Try not using the ".xls" extension but instead specifying the file type:

sStr = "S:\Orders\" & Range("C4")
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show sStr, 1

--

Vasant