Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing Union Query

Hello,

I am trying to Import a Union Query from Access, into Excel. Every time I
try this, I get the "Too few parameters" error. There is nothing wrong with
my query in Access, it just dosen't seem to want to link to it. Does anyone
know what I can do to get this Query into Excel?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
I suspect that you have parrameters(criteria) in the union query on access
side. If you are using microsoft query(MSQ) then the parameters(criteria)
must be on the excel side. the MSQ driver is not that sophsticated. It can
carry parameters to access but cannot go to access and fetch parameters that
my be in the access querry. that is why you get the too few parameters error.
go to access and remove all prompts for parameters(criteria). then in
excel.....
on the menu bardataimport exteral dataedit query.
when the wizard comes up, go the the last dialog box(3 clicks i think) and
click the option button that says edit query in microsoft query. click finish.
when MSO come up, click viewcriteria. add your prompt for
parameters(criteria) here. same as in access.

regards
FSt1