Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing access query

Help! When I import an Access query into Excel using Import External Data,
for some reason the records are brought in duplicated (and for some records
multiple duplications). When I run the same query in Access, there are no
duplicates. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR JR is offline

Dany:
I'm not sure why you are getting the duplicates but, you don't need to
import the data. When you get your query result in Access, click the button
in the upper left corner of the result (above the rows and to the left of the
columns). This highlight the entire query result. Then right click, "copy",
go to Excel, right click, "paste". I do this all the time and never have any
problems with my data.

"dany" wrote:

Help! When I import an Access query into Excel using Import External Data,
for some reason the records are brought in duplicated (and for some records
multiple duplications). When I run the same query in Access, there are no
duplicates. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks JR, I have copied and pasted as an interim measure, but importing the
data allows automatic refreshing of the data in the spreadsheet, rather than
me relying on my questionable memory to copy and paste the query each time I
use the spreadsheet in case there have been any changes in the database.

"dany" wrote:

Help! When I import an Access query into Excel using Import External Data,
for some reason the records are brought in duplicated (and for some records
multiple duplications). When I run the same query in Access, there are no
duplicates. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JR JR is offline

....guess I was looking at it from my point of view as a Financial Analyst.
My data always changes and gets replaced every month.

Regards