Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes

In Germany, the words false / true (falsch / wahr), based from checkboxes,
are written in lower case letters, and Excel doesn't 'read' it as a boolean.

When I doubleclick on the cells "Falsch" and "Wahr" and then press enter,
the word changes the notation to capital letters. (e.g. "FALSCH"). After this
the calculation works ok.

I think that is a problem with the German and English settings.

Anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sounds like Excel thinks the values are text and the double click corrects
it. I don't understand what you mean by "problem with the German and English
settings"? What has English settings to do with this? Are you using a German
version of Excel on a PC with a German OS?

Peo Sjoblom

"Phil Davy" wrote in message
In Germany, the words false / true (falsch / wahr), based from checkboxes,
are written in lower case letters, and Excel doesn't 'read' it as a
boolean.

When I doubleclick on the cells "Falsch" and "Wahr" and then press enter,
the word changes the notation to capital letters. (e.g. "FALSCH"). After
this
the calculation works ok.

I think that is a problem with the German and English settings.

Anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
thanks for yr email.

Sorry for clarification, a spreadsheet was written in England, but the
German branch of the company are using it.

Does this help?