Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Search for 2 true arguments and return true or false

I'm sure that what I'm after is easy - anyway here is the problem: -

I have 4 rows which contain values and a separate column which shows a
corresponding value for the number of months. If there are values in the 4
rows then there should be a corresponding value in the months column, so if
it shows zero there is an error in the spreadsheet. Because there are loads
of rows this would be a good check to validate the data in the spreadsheet.

Conditional formatting could be an option, although I'm not sure how to do
it or I was thinking of a function like the one below (but one that works): -

If there are values in columns A through to D and column E is 0 then show
ERROR otherwise show OK.

Hopefully the above clearly explains what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks

--
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

If there are values in columns A through to D and column E is 0 then show
ERROR otherwise show OK.

Perhaps in F2, copied down:
=IF(AND(COUNTBLANK(A2:D2)=0,E2=0),"Error","OK")
--
Max
Singapore
"David" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Perhaps in F2, copied down:
=IF(AND(COUNTBLANK(A2:D2)=0,E2=0),"Error","OK")

Better to make it in F2 as:
=IF(AND(COUNTBLANK(A2:D2)=0,E2=0, E2<""),"Error","OK")

(added test: E2<"")
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this adjust to your needs

=IF(COUNTBLANK(A1:E1),"Error",NOW())

now() shows todays date, you can change it to what ever you require

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561699