-   -   TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/159905-true-false-checkboxes.html)

Phil Davy

TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes

In Germany, the words false / true (falsch / wahr), based from checkboxes,
are written in lower case letters, and Excel doesn't 'read' it as a boolean.

When I doubleclick on the cells "Falsch" and "Wahr" and then press enter,
the word changes the notation to capital letters. (e.g. "FALSCH"). After this
the calculation works ok.

I think that is a problem with the German and English settings.

Anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Peo Sjoblom

TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes

Sounds like Excel thinks the values are text and the double click corrects
it. I don't understand what you mean by "problem with the German and English
settings"? What has English settings to do with this? Are you using a German
version of Excel on a PC with a German OS?

Peo Sjoblom

"Phil Davy" wrote in message
In Germany, the words false / true (falsch / wahr), based from checkboxes,
are written in lower case letters, and Excel doesn't 'read' it as a
boolean.

When I doubleclick on the cells "Falsch" and "Wahr" and then press enter,
the word changes the notation to capital letters. (e.g. "FALSCH"). After
this
the calculation works ok.

I think that is a problem with the German and English settings.

Anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Phil Davy

TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes

Hi,
thanks for yr email.

Sorry for clarification, a spreadsheet was written in England, but the
German branch of the company are using it.

Does this help?

"Phil Davy" wrote in message
In Germany, the words false / true (falsch / wahr), based from checkboxes,
are written in lower case letters, and Excel doesn't 'read' it as a
boolean.

When I doubleclick on the cells "Falsch" and "Wahr" and then press enter,
the word changes the notation to capital letters. (e.g. "FALSCH"). After
this
the calculation works ok.

I think that is a problem with the German and English settings.

Anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Peo Sjoblom

TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes

Never heard of that, you might want to post this question in the German
Excel newsgroup.

Peo Sjoblom

"Phil Davy" wrote in message
In Germany, the words false / true (falsch / wahr), based from
checkboxes,
are written in lower case letters, and Excel doesn't 'read' it as a
boolean.

When I doubleclick on the cells "Falsch" and "Wahr" and then press
enter,
the word changes the notation to capital letters. (e.g. "FALSCH").
After
this
the calculation works ok.

I think that is a problem with the German and English settings.

Anyone have any ideas please?

thanks

Phil Davy

TRUE/FALSE from checkboxes

OK thanks. I wasn't actually aware there were country-specific newsgroups,
but will have a look