Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 and macros

Greetings all!

I'm struggling with macros in Excel 2007. I've saved a macro and assigned
it to the Personal workbook -- thinking that these macros would be available
whenever I open a new spreadsheet. I've tried to hide the Personal
spreadsheet and also have unhidden it. Neither seems to allow me to use the
macros that I have just saved.

The error message I get is this: Cannot run the macro -- macro name -- The
macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Chimelle

Change your security

Office ButtonExcel Options
Trust CenterTrust Center SettingsMacro Settings

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Chimelle" wrote in message ...
Greetings all!

I'm struggling with macros in Excel 2007. I've saved a macro and assigned
it to the Personal workbook -- thinking that these macros would be available
whenever I open a new spreadsheet. I've tried to hide the Personal
spreadsheet and also have unhidden it. Neither seems to allow me to use the
macros that I have just saved.

The error message I get is this: Cannot run the macro -- macro name -- The
macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to create a new Personal file
Rename or delete your old one and let Excel create the file for you

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

"Chimelle" wrote in message ...
Greetings all!

I'm struggling with macros in Excel 2007. I've saved a macro and assigned
it to the Personal workbook -- thinking that these macros would be available
whenever I open a new spreadsheet. I've tried to hide the Personal
spreadsheet and also have unhidden it. Neither seems to allow me to use the
macros that I have just saved.

The error message I get is this: Cannot run the macro -- macro name -- The
macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

We must be thinking along the same lines -- I tried that and still nothing.
I have since searched another resource and found that unless the document
that has the macros is saved to the "My Documents" folder, it will not work.
I moved the location and now things seem to be working.

Thanks for your help!