Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Excel 2007 and macros

Try to create a new Personal file
Rename or delete your old one and let Excel create the file for you

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/personal.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Chimelle" wrote in message ...
I have tried changing to allow all macros to run but it did not change
anything.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Hi Chimelle

Change your security

Office ButtonExcel Options
Trust CenterTrust Center SettingsMacro Settings

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Chimelle" wrote in message ...
Greetings all!

I'm struggling with macros in Excel 2007. I've saved a macro and assigned
it to the Personal workbook -- thinking that these macros would be available
whenever I open a new spreadsheet. I've tried to hide the Personal
spreadsheet and also have unhidden it. Neither seems to allow me to use the
macros that I have just saved.

The error message I get is this: Cannot run the macro -- macro name -- The
macro may not be available in this workbook or all macros may be disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!