Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Edit Button Image Excel 2007

In Office 2003, you could edit a custom button's image once you placed a new
command on the toolbar. Now I can't seem to do that. When I add built-in
Microsoft commands (paste values, paste formulas, etc), they all have a green
light.

Also, is there only one place we can put these buttons?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You can't add new icons to the icons in the QAT
You can change the green light to another icon only if you add your own macros to the QAT.
But this is not working with built-in controls

It is only possible to use your own icons if you add your own menu on the ribbon
See http://www.rondebruin.nl/ribbon.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message ...
In Office 2003, you could edit a custom button's image once you placed a new
command on the toolbar. Now I can't seem to do that. When I add built-in
Microsoft commands (paste values, paste formulas, etc), they all have a green
light.

Also, is there only one place we can put these buttons?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Ron

I think your efforts to make customized tabs on the ribbon is a very good
initiative. Unfortunately I am not so familiar with either UI Editor nor XLM,
so I can't make it work.

I don't understand why they have removed the possibility to edit/create
icons the old easy way.

I really hope that Microsoft will come to there senses.

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message ...
In Office 2003, you could edit a custom button's image once you placed a new
command on the toolbar. Now I can't seem to do that. When I add built-in
Microsoft commands (paste values, paste formulas, etc), they all have a green
light.

Also, is there only one place we can put these buttons?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jesperfect

There are always good things and bad things when you change something

Maybe you like this
http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat2.htm

--

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message ...
In Office 2003, you could edit a custom button's image once you placed a new
command on the toolbar. Now I can't seem to do that. When I add built-in
Microsoft commands (paste values, paste formulas, etc), they all have a green
light.

Also, is there only one place we can put these buttons?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This isnt the best idea, but its an option:
go to Customize the QAT,
click on the command whose button/icon you want to change, (in my case its
macros),
click on Modify below,
choose a different button.
The options arent great, but for the 3 or 4 macros I will have, its better
than having the same macro button four times in a row.

"TKS_Mark" wrote in message ...
In Office 2003, you could edit a custom button's image once you placed a new
command on the toolbar. Now I can't seem to do that. When I add built-in
Microsoft commands (paste values, paste formulas, etc), they all have a green
light.

Also, is there only one place we can put these buttons?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is not working for built-in buttons

See
http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm