Old March 2nd 05, 11:47 AM
Victor

Default Menu and toolbars are missing

I ran a macro recently from a very reliable source. afterwards, the menu and
toolbars stopping appearing when I would open up excel.

I have right and left clicked everything on the spreadsheet, and nothing. I
have also searched all my files for .xlb files, as previousy suggested, even
my hidden files, and no file came up with that extension.

What do I do? Would the .xlb file be on the CD?

Thanks,
Victor

Old March 2nd 05, 12:02 PM
Bob Phillips

Probably just disabled.

Try this. In the VBE immediate window, type

Application.Commandbars(1).Enabled=True

You then can go to ToolsCustomize and check all the toolbars (Formatting,
Standard, etc.)

--

HTH

RP

Old March 2nd 05, 12:50 PM
Jim Rech

I have also searched all my files for .xlb files, as previousy suggested,
even my hidden files, and no file came up with that extension.

But you should have this file as all changes to the default menu/toolbar
setup are saved there. Specially look in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

If an XLB file is there just delete or rename it (with Excel closed), if
Bob's solution doesn't do what you want.
--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP