Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lock Picture in Cell

Hi.

I would like to be able to insert a picture in a cell and then lock it
there. I know how to lock data in a cell, but I can't figure out how to do
it with a picture.

All the individual has to do is drag the picture around. The pictures are
too easily moved for my taste.

I know that perfect security isn't possible with excel, but anyone got
anything bettere than I can do with my pictures
--
vze2mss6
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Protecting the worksheet (Tools - Protection - Protect worksheet) will prevent moving and
deleting of a picture. It will also prevent overlaying of another. The pictures need to be
lockes (Format - Picture - Protection tab). You need to have unlocked any cells that are to
be able to be changed by the user (Format - Cells - Protection tab).
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Top-posting has been the norm here.
Some folks prefer bottom-posting.
But if you bottom-post to a reply that's
already top-posted, the thread gets messy.
When in Rome...
"joesf16" wrote in message
Hi.

I would like to be able to insert a picture in a cell and then lock it
there. I know how to lock data in a cell, but I can't figure out how to do
it with a picture.

All the individual has to do is drag the picture around. The pictures are
too easily moved for my taste.

I know that perfect security isn't possible with excel, but anyone got
anything bettere than I can do with my pictures
--
vze2mss6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

By default all cells in the Workbook are locked. Select a cell or a range
and unlock them befor protect the Worksheet.

Do the following:

1. Click a cell in the worksheet and type a name of the Image. For example:
Image name is "Xerox Square"
2. Do one of the following;
On the Insert menu, click Comments
-or-
Right-click and then select Insert Comments
3. With the Comments box still selected, right-click the Comments bounding
box, select Format Comment. The Format Comment dialog is displayed.
4. Click the Colors and lines tab.
5. Under the Fill section, click the Color list and select Fill Effects. The
Fill Effects dialog box appears.
6. Click the Picture tab.
7. Click the Select Picture button. The Select Picture dialog box appears.
Click and select a picture and then click the Insert button. The Select
Picture dialog box closes and the control return to the Fill Effects dialog
box. showing you the seleted picture undeer the Picture section with the file
menu. If you wish to maintain the aspect ratio of the selected picture,
select the Lock picture aspect ration check box, otherwise retain the default
setting.
8. Click Ok. Closes the Fill Effetcs dialog box and return to the Format
Comments dialog box.
9. In the Format Comments dialog box, click OK to return to the Worksheet.
10. Click any cell in the worksheet.
10. Do one of the following:
On the Format menu, click Cells
-or-
Right -click and select Format Cells. The Format Cells dialog box is
displayed.
11. Click the Proctection tab.
12 . Clear the Locked check box.
13 . Click OK to return to the Worksheet.
14. On the Tools menu, point to Protection, and then click Protect Sheet. The
protect Sheet dialog is displayed.

By default the "Protect worksheet and content of locked cells" are selected.
Enter a password in the "Password to unprotect sheet text box.

15. Verify that the "Select locked cells" and "Select unlocked cells" check
boxes are selected.
16. Click Ok to return to the active worksheet.
17. Onthe File menu, click Save or click Save As.
18. In th Save As dialog box, enter a filename in the filename textbox.
19. Click Save to save the protected file.

Challa Prabhu

"JED" wrote:

I want to be able to allow others to use an existing worksheet, to complete
information, without allowing them to edit or modify certain cells