Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FX FX is offline

Default continuous typing

I am trying to make one page of my form to be a continuous typing page.
I have tried merged cells, wrap text and fit ,but it seems that when I go to
print not everything I have typed is on the printed page.
Is there anyway I can make this page like a normal page you would find in
word?
a page just to type continuous sentances paragraphs and so on ?
--
FX
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can enter 32,767 characters in a cell.

Unfortunately only about 1024 will show or print.

If you add an Alt + Enter every 100 characters you can increase this limit.

BTW...............merging multiple cells does not increase this limit.

You still have one cell.

Insert a screen-sized textbox from the Control Toolbox for your needs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 10:10:02 -0700, FX wrote:

I am trying to make one page of my form to be a continuous typing page.
I have tried merged cells, wrap text and fit ,but it seems that when I go to
print not everything I have typed is on the printed page.
Is there anyway I can make this page like a normal page you would find in
word?
a page just to type continuous sentances paragraphs and so on ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what kind of form you are building, but maybe it would be easier
to create it in Word. Word has built in tools for creating different kinds of
forms, and you can even insert an Excel spredsheet into your Word document.