Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 29th 06, 01:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 74
Default Continuous Refresh

I would like to continuously refresh a spreadsheet (as if I was holding down
the F9 key). Can anyone help?

Doug

  #2   Report Post  
Old July 29th 06, 11:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Continuous Refresh


Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates
whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?


--
raypayette


------------------------------------------------------------------------
raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221

  #3   Report Post  
Old July 29th 06, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 74
Default Continuous Refresh

Ray,

I would like it to refresh constantly. I am trying to build a "countdown
clock" so that is shows me the date and time of an event and then the days,
hours, minutes and seconds until that event happens.

For example:

A1: August 15, 2006 9:00 AM
A2: =(A1-NOW())*24 ---- this would show me hours remaining
A3: =A2*60 --------- this would show me minutes remaining
etc, etc.

When it refreshes constantly, it will show me a countdown.

Doug



"raypayette" wrote:


Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates
whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?


--
raypayette


------------------------------------------------------------------------
raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221


  #4   Report Post  
Old July 29th 06, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Continuous Refresh


C Pearson designed an analog clock that ticks every second at:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/download.htm


--
raypayette


------------------------------------------------------------------------
raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221

  #5   Report Post  
Old July 30th 06, 03:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Continuous Refresh


raypayette Wrote:
Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates
whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?Hi raypayette,


Here is some clock stuff, you may find something to help.

http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

http://xcelfiles.homestead.com/VBA_Clock.html

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ital_clock.htm

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/clockchart.htm

http://kenmzoka.com/20001010CountdownClock.xls


--
Desert Piranha


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221



  #6   Report Post  
Old July 31st 06, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 74
Default Continuous Refresh

Ray and Desert Piranha,

Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with refreshing
the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to constantly
refresh the calcs?

Doug

"Desert Piranha" wrote:


raypayette Wrote:
Usually clicking Tools, Options, Calculations, Automatic recalculates
whe workbook every time a change is made. Do you need something else?Hi raypayette,


Here is some clock stuff, you may find something to help.

http://www.andypope.info/fun/clocks.htm

http://xcelfiles.homestead.com/VBA_Clock.html

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...ital_clock.htm

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/clockchart.htm

http://kenmzoka.com/20001010CountdownClock.xls


--
Desert Piranha


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221


  #7   Report Post  
Old July 31st 06, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Continuous Refresh


Huber57 Wrote:
Ray and Desert Piranha,

Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with
refreshing
the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to
constantly
refresh the calcs?

DougHi Huber57,


Maybe you could use something like this in a loop.

Application.Calculate
or
ActiveSheet.Calculate


--
Desert Piranha


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221

  #8   Report Post  
Old July 31st 06, 10:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Continuous Refresh


Perhaps this reference to volatile UDF's is what you need?
http://blogs.officezealot.com/whitec...1/29/4005.aspx


--
raypayette


------------------------------------------------------------------------
raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221

  #9   Report Post  
Old July 31st 06, 08:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 74
Default Continuous Refresh

Mr. Piranha,

Can you help me with a continuous loop VBA script? I don't know how any of
that stuff works.

Doug

"Desert Piranha" wrote:


Huber57 Wrote:
Ray and Desert Piranha,

Thanks for the links. But, those clock tools don't help me with
refreshing
the page. Is there a short piece of VBA code I can write to
constantly
refresh the calcs?

DougHi Huber57,


Maybe you could use something like this in a loop.

Application.Calculate
or
ActiveSheet.Calculate


--
Desert Piranha


------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desert Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221


  #10   Report Post  
Old July 31st 06, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 1
Default Continuous Refresh


If you don't know how a continuous loop works, you should study this and
obtain general programming knowledge before asking help from this forum!


--
raypayette


------------------------------------------------------------------------
raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=29569
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566221



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excel 2k Pivot Table refresh scenario GDCross Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 June 1st 06 09:12 PM
External Data Refresh on save problem RGS Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 8th 06 01:36 AM
How to refresh dropdown lists in PivotTables? Eleanor M Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 March 3rd 06 02:11 PM
Query parameter "refresh when value changes" doesn't refresh - why Texas_Toast Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 4th 06 03:32 PM
Refresh Imported Data - Does the Excel file have to be open? tinkertoy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 June 23rd 05 07:51 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017