Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Default Centering a picture in a worksheet

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. I have a picture spanning A1:B21. I would like to center
the picture between columns A and C. Is there a way of doing this other than
just eyeballing where the picture should be, approximately, and moving it
there with the mouse.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Centering a picture in a worksheet

How to Center a Picture Between Columns A and C in Excel 2003

1. Select the picture by clicking on it.
  1. Click on the "Format" menu at the top of the screen.
  2. Select "Alignment" from the drop-down menu.
  3. In the "Horizontal" section, select "Center Across Selection" from the drop-down menu.
  4. In the "Vertical" section, select "Center" from the drop-down menu.
  5. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

This should center your picture between columns A and C. If you need to adjust the position of the picture further, you can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to nudge it into place.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No.

Beacuse the picture is just placed over the worksheet, you can adjust the
image by reducing or enlarging the handles, but they will not retain the
aspect ratio. The image would appear distorted.

You can add a picture to a Cell Comment:

1. Select the cell.
2. On the Insert menu, click Comment.
3. Right-click on the Comment bounding box and click Format Comment.
4. In the Format Comment dialog box, click the 'Color and lines" tab .
5. Under Fill section, click the color list and select Fill Effect.
6. In the Fill Effects dialog box, click the Picture tab and then click the
Select Picture button.
7. Select a picture from the Select Picture box and click Insert, to return
to the Fill Effects dialog box.
8. Click OK in the Fill Effects dialog box.
9. Click OK in the Format Comment dialog to return to the Worksheet.

Now move the mouse pointer on the cell comment and you can view the picture
bound to the respective cell.

Important: Could just explain the purpose of this in bit more detail?

Challa Prabhu

"jfg" wrote:

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. I have a picture spanning A1:B21. I would like to center
the picture between columns A and C. Is there a way of doing this other than
just eyeballing where the picture should be, approximately, and moving it
there with the mouse.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you very much, Challa.

I gathered from your response that once one has sized a picture, one must
use the mouse and a "good eye" to center a picture between columns.

You mentioned changing the aspect ratio while sizing a picture using the
handles. You can size a picture using the handles and keep the aspect ratio
by holding down the Shift key while doing the sizing.

Your last sentence, "Important: Could just explain the purpose of this in
bit more detail?", I did not understand.

Thanks again, Challa, for your wonderful help.

jfg

"jfg" wrote:

Hi,

I have Excel 2003. I have a picture spanning A1:B21. I would like to center
the picture between columns A and C. Is there a way of doing this other than
just eyeballing where the picture should be, approximately, and moving it
there with the mouse.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Using the rectangle tool on the Drawing toolbar, draw a rectangle that
goes from the left of column A, to the right of column C. Hold the Alt
key, while you draw it, and it will snap to the shape of the cells.

Then, select both your picture and the rectangle.
On the Drawing toolbar, click the Draw button
Click Align or Distribute Align Center

Then, delete the rectangle.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
jfg jfg is offline

Thank you, Debra. Your response is exactly what I was looking for.

The very best to you,

jfg