SARANJAI

Default How to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet into a picture fi

Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a *.jpg /
*.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do that? Same
goes for Word.
Don Guillett

try this.
Sub ExportChartJPG()
ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _
FilterName:="jpeg"

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

/
*.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do that?

Same
goes for Word.

Michael

Hi Don. When I tried your macro I got the following error:
Run-Time error '91':
Object variable or With block variable not set.
I'm afraid I don't have clue what that means, being VBA illiterate.
Oh, by the way, thanks for all your help in the many other posts.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"Don Guillett" wrote:

This is an excel macro. copy/paste into a regular excel macro moduleassign
to a buttonchange to suit the path desiredselect the chart desired and
execute the macro

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"SARANJAI" wrote in message
Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a

*.jpg
/
*.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do

that?
Same
goes for Word.

Dave Peterson

How about just selecting it, copying it, and pasting it into a different program
(Paint??) and saving from there?

If you're version of excel can save a file as "Web Page (*.htm;*.html)" (under
the "save as type" box on the File|SaveAs dialog), then when you save it, you'll
get a new folder with all the pictures under the folder with the file.

That new folder will be named like filename_Files.

If I recall correctly, this was added with xl2002.

SARANJAI wrote:

Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a *.jpg /
*.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do that? Same
goes for Word.

--

Dave Peterson
Junior Member

Location: Ohio

Since your first post did not specify whether you are exporting a chart or a picture within excel:

Try Andy Pope's add-in for exporting Pictures:

http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

or Aaron Bloods Chart to Picture exporter

http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/addins.html

These are both add-ins so you just have to load them to use. No vba on your part if that is outside your comfort level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Peterson

SARANJAI wrote:

Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a *.jpg /
*.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do that? Same
goes for Word.

--

Dave Peterson
__________________
Justin Labenne
www.jlxl.net
Dave Peterson

My first post????

<vbg

JustinLabenne wrote:

Since your first post did not specify whether you are exporting a chart
or a picture within excel:

<<snipped
Junior Member

Location: Ohio

Sorry Dave, not yours, I dont even pay much attention to the qoutes at the bottom so I did not realize it would be construed that way. My apologies, gotta get used to this forum design, it's a bit different than others that I post on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARANJAI

Tried to extract a picture from an Excel worksheet and save it as a *.jpg /
*.gif / *.bmp file - don't know how to do. Anyone knows how to do that? Same
goes for Word.
Justin Labenne
www.jlxl.net

SARANJAI

Hi Dave,
Thanks a lot for your advice. It worked well! Actually, it is soo simple
that I should have had this idea by myself. Guess, I couldn't see the forest
due to so many trees...:-) Cheers!