NOTANYJOE

Default How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple.

I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings
account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing
worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals,
and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at
the balance total after each entry.
IanRoy

Hi, NOTANYJOE;
If A2 contains your first deposit, and columns B and C are withdrawals and
interest respectively, in D2 enter this:
=A2-B2+C2 ( Or if you're using negative numbers for withdrawals: =A2+B2+C2 )
In D3 enter this:
=A3-B3+C3+D2 ( Or if you're using negative numbers for withdrawals:
=A2+B2+C2+D2 )
Grab the lower right corner of D3 and drag it down column D.
Column D will contain your running balance.
IanRoy.