Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Form scrolling

I have an Excel data input form designed that fits my screen and looks fine.
But if it is a smaller size screen, it would not show scroll bars, so it is
impossible to complete the whole form. Is there anything standard that can be
done to have the bars automatically appear if the form size is larger then a
screen size?

Thank you, Zoya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

not sure of this helps but there is a setting toolsoptionsview tab there is
a check box to show the scroll bars. you might want to make sure they are
checked. Also check the protection you have on the sheet and workbook to see
if there is a setting there that needs changing
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"Zoya" wrote:

I have an Excel data input form designed that fits my screen and looks fine.
But if it is a smaller size screen, it would not show scroll bars, so it is
impossible to complete the whole form. Is there anything standard that can be
done to have the bars automatically appear if the form size is larger then a
screen size?

Thank you, Zoya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you John,

Unfortunately, this is not what I need. I don't have problems with the view
of this form. It becomes a pain, if another user has a smaller screen and
needs to scroll through. The form will not display the scrollbars on the
sides of the screen.

I am wondering if there is a standard property of the form or a visual basic
code that I can add to it to make it "listen" to the size of the window it is
opening in and adjust or display the scroll bars.

Zoya

"Zoya" wrote:

I have an Excel data input form designed that fits my screen and looks fine.
But if it is a smaller size screen, it would not show scroll bars, so it is
impossible to complete the whole form. Is there anything standard that can be
done to have the bars automatically appear if the form size is larger then a
screen size?

Thank you, Zoya

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Zoya,
The second example, I posted at the following link, shows how to adjust the
userform size based on the screen resolution... http://tinyurl.com/2jhkft
There is usually a strong correlation between screen size and screen resolution.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Zoya"
wrote in message
I have an Excel data input form designed that fits my screen and looks fine.
But if it is a smaller size screen, it would not show scroll bars, so it is
impossible to complete the whole form. Is there anything standard that can be
done to have the bars automatically appear if the form size is larger then a
screen size?

Thank you, Zoya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Higher the screen resolution smaller the image. You can display a message
to caution the user before using the form. For example, This form is best
viewed in 1028 by 1024 pixels screen resolution.

Challa Prabhu