Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Live Scrolling/Real-Time /Smooth Scrolling doesn't work for me in Excel 2003

The subject line really says it all, very unfortunately.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 9300 with a nice GeForce Go 6800, latest
drivers (April 2006), plenty of horsepower; and of course I'm fully
up-to-date in my Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro service packs.

I've not used Excel much, but suddenly I'm having to use it a very
great deal. In searching to see how to turn on smooth/live/real-time
scrolling instead of the "helpful" stupid tooltip bubble with the row
or column number/letter (that then only shows the rows you've scrolled
to after releasing the scroll bar), I discovered that live scrolling
was standard In Excel versions 2002 and higher. Indeed, there's no way
to turn it off or on.

Except for me, somehow. It doesn't work at all--I get to party like
it's 1997 every day, and I don't much like it.

Can anyone suggest any settings, registry patches, or other fixes?

Thanks.

John