Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing currency from European style to American

I have a European version of Office that formats currency as 1.000,00. I
need to change it to the American convention of 1,000.00

Can someone please help me accomplish this. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,".",""),",",".")+0

Format cells to your desired style

"TheJoneser" wrote:

I have a European version of Office that formats currency as 1.000,00. I
need to change it to the American convention of 1,000.00

Can someone please help me accomplish this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could do this in Regional Settings in Control Panel or in newer versions of
Excel, 2003 for sure, you can set your decimal separators for Excel at
ToolsOptionsInternationalNumber settings.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:02:01 -0700, TheJoneser
wrote:

I have a European version of Office that formats currency as 1.000,00. I
need to change it to the American convention of 1,000.00

Can someone please help me accomplish this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That whole system across the pond is wierd :) go to Tools-Options-select
the International tab and you may have to uncheck 'use system seperators'
then change decimal seperator to . and thousands seperator to , *menu
options assuming they are named the same as mine!
--
-John
is helpful.

"TheJoneser" wrote:

I have a European version of Office that formats currency as 1.000,00. I
need to change it to the American convention of 1,000.00

Can someone please help me accomplish this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You won't have one with 2000 version.

Was introduced with 2002 I believe.

Gord

wrote:

I have a European version of Office that formats currency as 1.000,00. I
need to change it to the American convention of 1,000.00

Can someone please help me accomplish this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"John Bundy" (remove) wrote in message
That whole system across the pond is wierd :) go to Tools-Options-select
the International tab and you may have to uncheck 'use system seperators'
then change decimal seperator to . and thousands seperator to , *menu
options assuming they are named the same as mine!

Do you mean like the metric system as opposed to using the size of a foot of
a Roman soldier to measure distance :)

Peo Sjoblom
..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you are using Windows XP, do startsettingscontrol panel and
change the regional and language options, click customize and change decimal
symbol and whatever else is necessary

Peo Sjoblom

"TheJoneser" wrote in message
I have a European version of Office that formats currency as 1.000,00. I
need to change it to the American convention of 1,000.00

Can someone please help me accomplish this. Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo wrote on Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:24:34 -0700:

PS "John Bundy" (remove) wrote in message
PS ...
?? That whole system across the pond is wierd :) go to
?? Tools-Options-select the International tab and you may
?? have to uncheck 'use system seperators' then change
?? decimal seperator to . and thousands seperator to ,
?? *menu options assuming they are named the same as mine!

PS Do you mean like the metric system as opposed to using the
PS size of a foot of a Roman soldier to measure distance :)

Nuts! It was the shoe size of Edward I of England. However, the
Romans confused everybody by defining a pace as two steps: Left
and right again. Hence mile comes from mille passi (1000 paces,
or something, I stopped Latin immediately after passing the
state exam, more long ago than I care to admit).

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PS Do you mean like the metric system as opposed to using the
PS size of a foot of a Roman soldier to measure distance :)

Nuts! It was the shoe size of Edward I of England. However, the Romans
confused everybody by defining a pace as two steps: Left and right again.
Hence mile comes from mille passi (1000 paces, or something, I stopped
Latin immediately after passing the state exam, more long ago than I care
to admit).

I stand corrected. :) So it was the shoe size of a monarch of French
ancestry (Plantagenet)
I guess the French can claim the honour of both systems then? <bg

Peo