Tobey

Default European vs American decimals

I have transferred a chart with statistics from an American Website to my
Dutch version of Excel 2003.

All the statistics are stated in the American format (with a period as the
decimal sign): example = 8.6

I am not able to make formulas because Excel doesn't seem to recognize the
period (.) as a decimal sign. (all my equations get the answer 0)

I would like to know how to change the period into a comma(the Dutch decimal
sign), so that I can use the formula function.

or

I would like to know how to make Excel recognize the Amerian format to use
the formula function.

Thank you
Stefi

Hi Tobey

In Windows Control Panel International and Regional settings choose English
(USA) instead of Dutch. This worked for me in my Hungarian version (we also
use commaas decimal sign).

Regards,
Stefi