Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you copy filtered data to a new sheet?

In Microsoft 2000, I could filter data and then copy it to a new worksheet
getting only the data showing on the screen. I am now using Enterprise 2007
and am trying to do the same. Everytime I try this, it copies all the data,
not just the data on the screen that excluded the data I have filtered out.
Are there any tricks for being able to do this as easily in Enterprise 2007
as I did in 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Another one with this problem in Excel 2007

With one cell selected in your data table use

Ctrl * to select all the data
Then Alt ; to select all visible data

Then copy and paste

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Kerry B" <Kerry wrote in message ...
In Microsoft 2000, I could filter data and then copy it to a new worksheet
getting only the data showing on the screen. I am now using Enterprise 2007
and am trying to do the same. Everytime I try this, it copies all the data,
not just the data on the screen that excluded the data I have filtered out.
Are there any tricks for being able to do this as easily in Enterprise 2007
as I did in 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kind of weird how the did that, weirder how to get around it. Easiest is to
hit ctl+G select special, then check the box near the bottom right visible
cells only, then copy your cells and paste it. This is in 03 as i dont have
07 but should be the same. MS ought to give me 07 so i can help with that too
:)
--
-John
is helpful.

"Kerry B" wrote:

In Microsoft 2000, I could filter data and then copy it to a new worksheet
getting only the data showing on the screen. I am now using Enterprise 2007
and am trying to do the same. Everytime I try this, it copies all the data,
not just the data on the screen that excluded the data I have filtered out.
Are there any tricks for being able to do this as easily in Enterprise 2007
as I did in 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Before I posted I did not see the 7/14/07 post of the same question...sorry.
I did try the work around with the F5 key and was able to copy and paste only
the visible data...thanks.