-   -   How do you copy filtered data to a new sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152429-how-do-you-copy-filtered-data-new-sheet.html)

Kerry B

How do you copy filtered data to a new sheet?

In Microsoft 2000, I could filter data and then copy it to a new worksheet
getting only the data showing on the screen. I am now using Enterprise 2007
and am trying to do the same. Everytime I try this, it copies all the data,
not just the data on the screen that excluded the data I have filtered out.
Are there any tricks for being able to do this as easily in Enterprise 2007
as I did in 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Ron de Bruin

How do you copy filtered data to a new sheet?

Another one with this problem in Excel 2007

With one cell selected in your data table use

Ctrl * to select all the data
Then Alt ; to select all visible data

Then copy and paste

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Kerry B" <Kerry wrote in message ...
In Microsoft 2000, I could filter data and then copy it to a new worksheet
getting only the data showing on the screen. I am now using Enterprise 2007
and am trying to do the same. Everytime I try this, it copies all the data,
not just the data on the screen that excluded the data I have filtered out.
Are there any tricks for being able to do this as easily in Enterprise 2007
as I did in 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John Bundy

How do you copy filtered data to a new sheet?

Kind of weird how the did that, weirder how to get around it. Easiest is to
hit ctl+G select special, then check the box near the bottom right visible
cells only, then copy your cells and paste it. This is in 03 as i dont have
07 but should be the same. MS ought to give me 07 so i can help with that too
:)
--
-John
is helpful.

"Kerry B" wrote:

In Microsoft 2000, I could filter data and then copy it to a new worksheet
getting only the data showing on the screen. I am now using Enterprise 2007
and am trying to do the same. Everytime I try this, it copies all the data,
not just the data on the screen that excluded the data I have filtered out.
Are there any tricks for being able to do this as easily in Enterprise 2007
as I did in 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kerry B[_2_]

How do you copy filtered data to a new sheet?

Before I posted I did not see the 7/14/07 post of the same question...sorry.
I did try the work around with the F5 key and was able to copy and paste only
the visible data...thanks.