Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Tables are showing One's where real value should be

I have three columns.
A - Variant
B - Feature
C - Option

You will have one variant (unique) on the left side; features across the top
and options in the middle as content. There are multiple features and
options, but an equal amount. My data just shows 1's in the middle as
content and not the value of the option -- does anyone know why?

A B C
cpva feature option
488761 upholclr 61201833
488761 fdnprc fdnprc9
488761 rearmt -
488761 pkg std

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

pivot tables have numeric output, they won't put out text
if I am reading your table correctly

"Rookie_User" wrote:

I have three columns.
A - Variant
B - Feature
C - Option

You will have one variant (unique) on the left side; features across the top
and options in the middle as content. There are multiple features and
options, but an equal amount. My data just shows 1's in the middle as
content and not the value of the option -- does anyone know why?

A B C
cpva feature option
488761 upholclr 61201833
488761 fdnprc fdnprc9
488761 rearmt -
488761 pkg std

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

WOW, that's a major blow. Thanks for helping though. I guess I can resort
back to ACcess in a cross tab query. If there is any way to get non-numeric
output please let me know.

"Rookie_User" wrote:

I have three columns.
A - Variant
B - Feature
C - Option

You will have one variant (unique) on the left side; features across the top
and options in the middle as content. There are multiple features and
options, but an equal amount. My data just shows 1's in the middle as
content and not the value of the option -- does anyone know why?

A B C
cpva feature option
488761 upholclr 61201833
488761 fdnprc fdnprc9
488761 rearmt -
488761 pkg std

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

As you have been told, you only have numeric values in the data area.
However, try dragging Variant to the row area, followed by Feature, followed
by Option
and add Count of feature to the data area.
Double click on VariantSubtotalsNone
Double click on FeatureSubtotalNone
Hide Column D

Not exactly the layout you wanted, but it may suffice.
--
Regards
Roger Govier