Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
emcnaughton

Default Showing my coworkers how to work with Pivot Tables

I'm one of the few people at my office that knows how to use pivot tables.
One of my coworkers suggested that I set up a tutorial to show the rest of
the office the basics of pivot tables.

I was thinking about doing a PowerPoint presentation-are there any good ones
available online? Alternatively, is there a tutorial already in Excel, and
how good is it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bakes1

I would not use powerpoint. Live demonstration is best. You just need
some test data organized with column headings. I would demo how to
create a pivot table, choosing one of the format styles, add a
calculated field, manipulate the fields from row to page fields by
dragging, etc. Once they see the powerful functionality of the pivot
table, it better sells why they should consider using them. Powerpoint
does not demonstrate it very well.

--
bakes1
bakes1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31965

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle

You might take a look at this. Narrated demonstrations.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

HTH
Regards,
Howard