Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Frustrated excel 2003 user

Default How do I disable "Get Pivot Data" when working from pivot tables?

Excel 2003 does not allow me to work from a pivot table in the same way Excel
2000 did. When pointing and clicking to a cell in a pivot table, the formula
is returned as "get pivot data" and actually goes to the pivot table data,
rather than the cell that I have clicked. I am no longer able to copy and
paste this. I would like to disable this function and return to the
functionally that I had in version 2000.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Try this:
Goto ToolsCustomizeCommands
Category:Data
Drag the GetPivotData Icon at the bottom of the list to to one of your
toolbars.

Double-click on the icon to toggle GetPivotData on and off

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

"Frustrated excel 2003 user" wrote:

Excel 2003 does not allow me to work from a pivot table in the same way Excel
2000 did. When pointing and clicking to a cell in a pivot table, the formula
is returned as "get pivot data" and actually goes to the pivot table data,
rather than the cell that I have clicked. I am no longer able to copy and
paste this. I would like to disable this function and return to the
functionally that I had in version 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Coderre

Default Minor Clarificaton

Actually, the icon name is Generate GetPivotData and you click it (not
double-click) to toggle.

Regards,
Ron