Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot Open EXCEL files. Please Help!

This may seem like a dumb question. I plugged in my USB disk to open an Excel
file created using Excel 2000 on my old computer and I edited and saved my
file using Excel 2007 and saved it. However. when I tried to use Excel 2007
to open it AGAIN. I kept getting a gray screen of Excel named "
Non-Commercial Excel Book". I have no idea why this occur. If someone's
familiar with this , please help. Deeply Appreciated!

Regards,

Wendy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

First, I would never work directly on files that are stored on removable media.
I'd copy to the harddrive/lan drive, do the work there, and then copy back to
the removable media.

Second, I don't use xl2007 very much, but this doesn't sound like an excel error
message.

I'd try opening that same file without enabling macros. Maybe it's some sort of
"security" measure that the original developer put into the workbook.

--

Dave Peterson