Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DRF DRF is offline

Default How to alphbetize multiple Excel Workbooks on my desktop?

Any way to do this? I have 50 workbooks open at one time and have to hunt for
each one which is named differently and sent to me by others. Can I
alphabetize them on my desktop somehow?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Jul 19, 9:20 pm, DRF wrote:
Any way to do this? I have 50 workbooks open at one time and have to hunt for
each one which is named differently and sent to me by others. Can I
alphabetize them on my desktop somehow?

Hello DRF,

Right Click anywhere on your Desktop and move your mouse pointer to
"Arrange Icons by"
Move over to "Name" and Left Click

Repeat the first step, but now instead of "Name", Left Click "Type"

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Create a new Folder on your local desktop
2. Double €“click the folder icon to open
3. Move all the files within this folder.
4. Right-click inside the folder, point to Arrange Icons By, and click Name.
All the files icons will be arranged in a alphabetical order by file name.

Note: Do not select any file and right-click, it will not serve any purpose.

5. On the toolbar, click the view icon, select Details, to view the
following; Name, size, Type and Date Modified.

Note: It is recommended that you can create a folder on the desktop before
arranging by name, so that it is goof file management practice.

Challa Prabhu