Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default How to alphbetize multiple Excel Workbooks on my desktop?

Hi,

Do the following:

1. Create a new Folder on your local desktop
2. Double €“click the folder icon to open
3. Move all the files within this folder.
4. Right-click inside the folder, point to Arrange Icons By, and click Name.
All the files icons will be arranged in a alphabetical order by file name.

Note: Do not select any file and right-click, it will not serve any purpose.

5. On the toolbar, click the view icon, select Details, to view the
following; Name, size, Type and Date Modified.

Note: It is recommended that you can create a folder on the desktop before
arranging by name, so that it is goof file management practice.

Challa Prabhu

"DRF" wrote:

Any way to do this? I have 50 workbooks open at one time and have to hunt for
each one which is named differently and sent to me by others. Can I
alphabetize them on my desktop somehow?