Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking two workbooks

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Raj Raj is offline

hi

to link between two workbooks, open 2nd workbook & type the formula +(click
on 1st workbook) and prss enter
it shows a formula in your 2nd workbook
than copy the formula to all sheet
it shows the result , as you want

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sasikiran,

Copy you formula (or range of cells) that is in workbook 1.
Go to where you want it repeated in workbook 2 and 'Paste Special' - 'Paste
Link'

Mike

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mike,

Thanks a lot. But the problem is the blank cells on the first workbook are
appearing as "0" in the second workbook. Is there any way that only the cells
entered in the first worksheet gets copied on the second workbook?

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Procedure 1:

On the First Excel Sheet
1. Select a range of cells worksheet.
2. On the Edit menu, Click Copy.
3. Press Alt+Tab and select your second worksheet.

Procedure 2:

On the First Excel Sheet
1. Select a range of cells worksheet..
2. On the Edit menu, Click Paste Special. The Paste Special dialog box is
displayed.
3. Click the Paste Link button.
4. On the Tools menu, click Options. The Options dialog is displayed.
5. Under Windows Option, click to clear the Zero Values check box.
6. Click OK.

Note: The step 4 and Step 5 is used to clear the Zero values displayed in
your cells afetr you complete step 1 to step 3.

Challa Prabhu

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Prabhu,

Now I have a different case where the two workbooks should be linked in such
a way that what ever data I enter in either of the workbooks should appear in
the other. Both the workbooks should be editable.

Thanks in advance

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The procedure would still remain the same -Copy and Paste Special.

The reason being that, you must decide which portion of the content you want
to do Paste Special to the respective document.

Note; However, you may not be able to delete any files as you normally do,
because each Excel file has reference to other files. You have to delete in a
top down approach.

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The problem is the two different workbooks will be accessed by two different
persons from different locations (linking two workbooks can be done thru a
common server). Now who ever enters the data in their respective workbook
should get copied to the other workbook.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You have to set the sharing rights and Protect the sheet.

To protect the worksheet, do the following:

On the Tools menu, point to Protection and then click Protect sheet. In the
Protect Sheet, assign the entitlement and protect the sheet with a password.

Challa Prabhu