Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default Linking two workbooks

Hi,

The procedure would still remain the same -Copy and Paste Special.

The reason being that, you must decide which portion of the content you want
to do Paste Special to the respective document.

Note; However, you may not be able to delete any files as you normally do,
because each Excel file has reference to other files. You have to delete in a
top down approach.

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi Prabhu,

Now I have a different case where the two workbooks should be linked in such
a way that what ever data I enter in either of the workbooks should appear in
the other. Both the workbooks should be editable.

Thanks in advance

"challa prabhu" wrote:

Hi,

Procedure 1:

On the First Excel Sheet
1. Select a range of cells worksheet.
2. On the Edit menu, Click Copy.
3. Press Alt+Tab and select your second worksheet.

Procedure 2:

On the First Excel Sheet
1. Select a range of cells worksheet..
2. On the Edit menu, Click Paste Special. The Paste Special dialog box is
displayed.
3. Click the Paste Link button.
4. On the Tools menu, click Options. The Options dialog is displayed.
5. Under Windows Option, click to clear the Zero Values check box.
6. Click OK.

Note: The step 4 and Step 5 is used to clear the Zero values displayed in
your cells afetr you complete step 1 to step 3.

Challa Prabhu

"Sasikiran" wrote:

Hi,

I have two workbooks in two different folders. I want to link both the
workbooks in such a way that what ever data I enter in the first workbook
should automatically appear in the second workbook.

Thanks in advance