Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default STOP sideways scrolling!!

This is SO freakin' aggravating!!

What is the key combination to make the stupid mouse cursor STOP scrolling
sideways? (And no, it is NOT anything involving the ScrollLock key - I not
only didn't hit it to 'turn something on', but after trying it alone and with
every stupid key on the kb, it does NOT turn anything off, either.)

I will be working in Excel on something, and for no reason I can find, the
mousewheel suddenly will only make the cursor scroll sideways! The only
mention I can find in Excel's help is to press the wheel to make the little
4-headed arrow icon appear, then roll the mouse in the direction I want it to
scroll . . . except, of course, that only works if the 4-headed arrow icon
will actually appear. When this starts, I can only get a 2-headed arrow icon
.. . . the horizontally-pointing arrowheads, of course.

HELP!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the exact same problem. And no it doesnt have anything to do with
clicking the mousewheel, only spinning it up or down. I found that if you
hold down Alt and scroll up/down it will go back to vertical scrolling. This
only happens in sheets with lots of horizontal data. I also found that if you
hide part of the sheet behind the Microsoft help window, it will revert back
to vertical scrolling, not a fix, but an annoying workaround. Anybody out
there knows how to disable this god forsaken sideways scrolling? Its driving
me nuts!!

Thanks

"MzDallas" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Same here. I tried the ScrLk suggestion, but it didn't work. What's really
interesting is that it was accompanied at the same time by a weird behavior
in typing. Anything I typed was coming out in reverse. This of course made
it very difficult to search for help!

Anyway, it went off of it's own accord. This has happened before. What I
am looking for now, is whether or not I can figure out how to recreate it and
fix it at will. Then we can finally put an end to all the useful (NOT) help
telling us to "try turning off scroll lock". This is a software bug, I can
feel it in my heart, and my logic tells me the same.

Regards,
DanG

"MzDallas" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm also having this problem. But a cell will switch from going vertical to
horizontal when using the wheel mouse as it pleases. Is anyone lese using an
IBM wireless mouse? Is it an Excel issue or a mouse issue? I also do not
get a 4 pointed arrow - only a two pointed going left to right.
--
Tammy