Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default STOP sideways scrolling!!

It may or may not have something to do with clicking the mouse wheel. Not
sure, but try it.

Regards,
Paul

"MzDallas" wrote in message
This is SO freakin' aggravating!!

What is the key combination to make the stupid mouse cursor STOP scrolling
sideways? (And no, it is NOT anything involving the ScrollLock key - I
not
only didn't hit it to 'turn something on', but after trying it alone and
with
every stupid key on the kb, it does NOT turn anything off, either.)

I will be working in Excel on something, and for no reason I can find, the
mousewheel suddenly will only make the cursor scroll sideways! The only
mention I can find in Excel's help is to press the wheel to make the
little
4-headed arrow icon appear, then roll the mouse in the direction I want it
scroll . . . except, of course, that only works if the 4-headed arrow icon
will actually appear. When this starts, I can only get a 2-headed arrow
icon
. . . the horizontally-pointing arrowheads, of course.

HELP!!!!!