Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula, Conditional Formula Needed

I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select range N7:N31

Conditional Formatting

=AND(MOD(ROW(N7),12)=7,MIN($N$7,$N$19,$N$31)=N7)
Format as Green

"Karl" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Select the cells of interest: N7, N19, N31
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is:

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$ 31)

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Note: if all 3 of those cells are *empty* the format will be applied to all
3 cells. Post back if you need to account for that.

Biff

"Karl" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FC FC is offline

I do not have a formula at hand, but I can give you a conditional formatting
that will work using the smart way, but you have to follow all the
instructions as is :
1-format n7, n19 and n31 with color green.
1-click on n7 and go to conditional formatting and do this:
conditonal formatting value is greater than(then click on n19)and format
with automatic color.
add another conditional formatting value is greater than( then click on
n31)and format with automatic color.
Do exactly the same procedure for n19 and for n31( remember 2 conditional
formatting for each cell, using greater than... in both and using automatic
color for both in both for a grand total of 6 conditional formatting. Test
it!!!
"Karl" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To all the experts. I am a beginner however would rhere be any thing wrong
with the following?

Conditional Formating Use Formula to Determine which cells to format

=N7=MIN($N$7,$N$19,$N$31) OK
Applies to =$N$7,$N$19,$N$31
Format Color Fill with Color of Choice

If all cells are blank, all will be colored. If only one cell has a value,
it will show color

Bob M.

"Karl" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't know. It looks like these are steps from Excel 2007. I don't have
Excel 2007. Did you try it and it works? Is it acceptable if all the cells
are empty then they get colored?

Biff

"Karl" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I
want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn
green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your reply. You are correct as to Office 2007 and, yes, I have
tried it and it works beautifully. As I said, all three cells are colored if
all three are empty.

Bob M.

"Karl" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I
want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn
green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a better method.

Select the 3 cells of interest from bottom to top. That is, select cell N31
first, hold down the CTRL key then select N19 and N7. Cell N7 is the active
cell. It doesn't have any fill color while N19 and N31 appear "blueish".

Goto FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is:

=AND(COUNT(N$7,N$19,N$31)0,N7=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$31))

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Biff