Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert morris robert morris is offline

Default Formula, Conditional Formula Needed

To all the experts. I am a beginner however would rhere be any thing wrong
with the following?

Conditional Formating Use Formula to Determine which cells to format

=N7=MIN($N$7,$N$19,$N$31) OK
Applies to =$N$7,$N$19,$N$31
Format Color Fill with Color of Choice

If all cells are blank, all will be colored. If only one cell has a value,
it will show color

Bob M.

"FC" wrote:

Thanks for the formula. It works, and less work.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

Select the cells of interest: N7, N19, N31
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is:

=INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()))=MIN(N$7,N$19,N$ 31)

Click the Format button
Select the style(s) desired
OK out

Note: if all 3 of those cells are *empty* the format will be applied to all
3 cells. Post back if you need to account for that.

Biff

"Karl" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet where I have a value in cell n7,n19 and n31 I want to
have the cell of those 3 with the lowest number between them to turn green
and the other cells stay as they are. Thanks Karl