Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change Quarters in Pivot Tables when grouping dates

I have a list of business transactions with the daily date for each
transaction. I use Pivot Tables to track a lot of different information. I
use the group feature in Pivot Tables to group the dates by Month and
Quarter. This is a terrific option.

Here is my question:
1) Can I change the Quarter to my company's quarters? Our first quarter is
May-July, second quarter is August-Oct, third quarter is Nov-Jan, and fourth
quarter is Feb-April.

If this is possible, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!
Jugglertwo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think so.

I always add another column and add a formula that returns the FY-Q.

I like this expression since I can sort it easily:
="FY"&YEAR(A2)-(MONTH(A2)<5)&"-Q"&INT(1+MOD(MONTH(A2)-5,12)/3)

And then I include that extra field in my pivottable.

--

Dave Peterson