Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Grand Total

Hi,

I am working on summarizing data in a pivot table, but now i want grand
totals. I go to table options and make sure the box is checked, but all that
does is put the words "Grand Total" under the values in the first column. My
data will also be changing a lot, so i can't just put a sum function in.
Does anybody have ideas as to getting the pivot table to actually make Grand
Totals?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no reason the grand totals should not work. You could send me a
copy of the file or sample file and I will check it for you. What version of
Excel are you using?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Stonewall" wrote:

Hi,

I am working on summarizing data in a pivot table, but now i want grand
totals. I go to table options and make sure the box is checked, but all that
does is put the words "Grand Total" under the values in the first column. My
data will also be changing a lot, so i can't just put a sum function in.
Does anybody have ideas as to getting the pivot table to actually make Grand
Totals?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Only itmes placed int the middle of the pivot will be aggregated. Try adding
the item to the middle (you can also leave it in the header)...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson